Sunday, February 7

The grass is not always greener...

It is easy to look at someone else and think, "Their life seems just about perfect." But the grass is not always greener on the other side of the fence. When I find out the trials that other people have, not only do I stop wishing my life were more like theirs, I am actually grateful for the hardships I endure! I have been especially thankful for my own trials this last week after I heard the story of Bronson Staker, an 18 month-old little boy who almost drowned in his bathtub last Saturday. My heart is just breaking for them, but especially for the mom, Sara. She left the bathroom for just a few minutes and her life changed forever. I can't begin to count how many times I have left the girls in the bath to play and went to do laundry or finish cooking dinner. Not that they're small enough to go under the water, but what if they bumped their head or something? I have always been stubborn, which results in learning my life lessons the hard way - by making the mistakes myself. Hopefully this time I can learn from another's experience.



Bronson actually arrived at the hospital DOA but after being gone for more than 11 minutes, they were able to resuscitate him. Currently, he is very sick and the outcome is still unclear. He is considered in critical, but now stable, condition. It is still too soon to know whether he will survive, and if so how much damage there may have been to his brain. The entire story can be found on their blog, http://www.stakerzxposed.blogspot.com/ beginning with the post on February 1.



Life is so fragile. It can turn on a dime. The clock cannot be turned back. The things we take advantage of - a smile, a hug, a breath....it can all be taken away in the blink of an eye. The seemingly important things that distract us daily - a clean house, those last 5 pounds, unanswered emails....really don't make the slightest difference in the long run. The clock cannot be turned back. Each moment is so precious, and if we don't take advantage of them they will pass us by. Reading the Staker's blog each day has allowed me to focus on what's really important, and I hope I never have to learn this lesson the hard way.

No comments: