Saturday, March 28

Kylee's Baptism

Kylee turned 8 last week, and today we had the privilege of seeing her baptized and confirmed a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. It was such a wonderful day - the weather was beautiful (although a bit chilly), we were surrounded by lots of family, and the whole thing went off without a hitch. We decided to keep it small and intimate and only invite family, and I think it was just about perfect, except for the people who couldn't make it - Mike, Emma, Aaron, Janette, Sherry, and all of your families, we missed you all!

When we got to the Tabernacle, Kylee and I went right in to get her changed into her jumpsuit. Isn't she cute? She said it tickled and she thought she looked silly in it. This is Kylee with her dad, Chris. He's the one who baptized and confirmed her. (There are more pictures of the day on my facebook page.)

We went into the chapel and I didn't make it even two words into the opening song before I got teary eyed. After the song and prayer Chris gave a little talk, and then it was time. It was very surreal to stand at the top of the steps of the font and watched my oldest daughter get baptized. I cried like a baby through the entire thing. When she came out of the water, she was glowing. I will never forget that moment, giving her a kiss on her wet cheek and telling her how proud I was of her. I wrapped her in a big towel and helped her change into her dress, and we went back into the chapel. I gave a short talk on the Holy Ghost (which I cried through most of), and then she was confirmed. The whole thing lasted less than an hour but it was absolutely wonderful.
Kylee looked beautiful in her white dress, and she was so happy all day. I am grateful for the choice she made to get baptized and the example she is to all of her cousins. She is the oldest child on my side of the family as well as her dad's, and the younger ones really look up to her, especially her little sister. I look up to her too. She teaches me something new every day. I am so thankful that we are going to be together forever!

1 comment:

Shayla Shumaker said...

How awesome! Im so happy for you! What a special day. I just wanted to invite you to come to my place this Thursday at 7pm to make some bows if you want. Id love to see you!