Thursday, September 11

From the depths of wherever...I show my face again...

I know it has been awhile since I have been on here to write. I have been on with the "NEW BLOG" page open, but haven't written anything yet. Hopefully this time something gets down on the page.


I have been swamped with weddings these last few weeks. 9 of them in fact. I DJ'ed for some in-laws, neighbors and total strangers. It has been a blast being this busy, but with all these weddings and working the grave shift at USSynthetic, I really have been spending too much time away from Annie. I just want everyone to know how much I really love and adore her. I hope she realizes it. I try to tell her as often as I can, and I can not believe it took us so long to finally find each other. All of our experiences in life has helped prepare us though, so we can not complain.


As she mentioned in previous posts, we have been busy these last couple months outside of work. Our little camping trip up American Fork canyon was fun, except for the bear that decided to come visit our camp site. The next weekend going camping with some guys from work and their families allowed us to let loose on the water. Then meeting her extended family one weekend up at Bear Lake was AWESOME. You would think that it would be nerve racking spending so much time in close quarters with strangers, but they were a blast to spend time with. I almost forgot about one fun little trip we took about a month ago. Our friends Jeremy and Heather wanted to check out restaurants in Manti, So away we went and fun we had. We ate at this small little place called carriage house...cottage house...something like that. Well we are not obnoxious when we get together by any means, but I guess the "OLD FOLKS" of Manti thought we were a little strange, cause as we left they dead bolted the door behind us. Jeremy made a little detour and was locked inside, so another laugh we had.Anybody ever hear of, I think his name is Gordon Longfellow? Is he a good author?


Let me share a couple of pictures of some of the things we did since I was last on here and I promise not to let so much time go by till my next blog...



I forgot to mention that I had an awesome opportunity to learn about TEAM WORK in an interesting way. Miller Motorsports brought one of their cars down to where I worked and took about 16 of us and told us about team work and then let us see if we could work as a team during a mock pit stop. We formed teams and competed against each other and the clock. They put us through a few different scenarios to see if they could make us stumble, but my team rocked. I think our fastest time was around 32 seconds to pit stop that car. How else could you explain TEAM WORK better then with a race car in the pits. PIT CREW TRAINING - AWESOME!

Here are just a couple of the pictures I took while visiting Manti. By being with someone who REALLY loves me, this time around...it seems so much prettier.

Then while I was cleaning up one of the weddings I DJ'ed, I took a few pictures of the place. This is WADLEY FARMS, in Lindon. I have been their exclusive DJ for about 2 years and have never taken pictures till now. With a little reconstruction going on, the place is just gorgeous.

This is the entry to the farm, with the side door of the barn visible. These pictures don't really do it justice, so you can just imagine how much more beautiful it really is.

This is the front entrance to the barn, and you are looking through the double barn doors and then through the main room with double doors on the opposite side, framing my 12 foot screen which happens to be showing their wedding video. I can not stand the little tiny TVs that everyone tries to crowd around to watch. Why not show it on the big screen so everyone can see it at once, and this way, IT IS, the first thing you see, or that grabs your attention when you walk in.

Now, I know you are wondering - WHAT IN THE WORLD IS THAT? Well, believe it or not this is the attempt of someone trying to "BREAK INTO" the wedding cake business. I was DJing a wedding and this showed up...just in time for the cake cutting...on the upside down cake pan and. The caterer and I hid it in the fridge and ordered a last minute cake from Albertson's and had it delivered. We borrowed some decorations off of one of the tables and coordinated it with the rest of the reception, and behind schedule by about 20 minutes, the bride and groom cut their new cake. I really wish I had taken a picture of the new cake, no one knew the difference, in fact, I heard someone say, "Hey honey, look at how cute that cake is. Nothing too fancy or expensive. Just simple and cute." The bride would have cried, and I am so glad we averted that disaster. It was a SWEET SAVE!

Well for now, you all, "Take Luck!" and babe, just know that you are very loved and adored. Thank you for being by my side - what a life we are going to have together. Forever and ever - I LOVE YOU!

No comments: