June 18, 2010
"Don’t you quit. You keep going. There is help and happiness at the end. Some blessings come sooner, some come late, and some don’t come until heaven. But for those who embrace the gospel of Jesus Christ, they come. It will be alright in the end. Trust god and believe in good things to come. " –Jeffrey R. Holland
It’s amazing how powerful such a simple statement can be. I am always moved by the talks given by our prophet and apostles, but this one is especially poignant right now. As I watched the video of Elder Holland’s talk on You Tube, it was as if he were here, speaking to me. As I have said in other posts, every time I start to doubt or lose faith, something always comes along and hits me between the eyes and I feel so foolish for asking "Why?" It’s so easy to lose sight of what’s really important, especially when there are so many worldly forces pressing down on us. Sometimes it seems like everything is going wrong and there is no relief in sight. But lately, I have been so blessed to have the constant companionship of the spirit and its calming influence. It has been remarkably easy for me to sail through the trials that seem to face me on a seemingly daily basis, and I know it’s because I have been trying so hard to do the things I’m supposed to do. Craig and I are preparing to go to the temple to be sealed to each other and our baby boy, and I am doing everything I can to ensure I am prepared to receive those blessings. As a result, I have been comforted and cared for in ways I never thought possible. Some of the challenges we have faced had left me spiritually drained and I was seriously questioning my purpose in this life. I never wanted to be one of those people who only prayed when life got really hard and they needed help, but at the time, I was. But I knew that He would help me if I asked, and since then he has given me more than I feel worthy of. It's a good feeling.
Monday, August 2
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
I love this quote! I have to remind myself of that very same thing - Don't quit!
We too are preparing to be sealed -to our boys. Yet, Lots of "crap" has crept up and is making it hard: losing our job, money, and so much more. But we aren't quitting despite me crying every day "That's it. I'm done!" But then I keep going!! God has a plan - whether I understand it or like it or not. He sees. We have to have faith.
Thanks for the post. I need to keep remembering this.
Post a Comment