Whenever life gets hard, I find that it helps to make a list of my blessings. This year we have so much to be thankful for: a great place to live, a healthy new baby, family and friends who love us and are so supportive, the most awesome ward, and in a few weeks Craig and Joseph and I are going to go through the temple and be sealed to one another for eternity. When I look at my life in that perspective, things are just about perfect. It makes it hard to be upset about the little things that aren't going so well. Craig is out of a job again, which is stressful, but it's interesting - when he told me that he was laid off, I felt an immediate sense of relief. I told him that it felt like a blessing. He said he felt the same way. Then that Sunday, Craig mentioned to our Bishop that he lost his job and the Bishop also said that it was a blessing. I figured if all three of us felt the same way, it had to be true. So we are patiently waiting for something better to come along, holding on to our faith and trying to be positive. Having so much to be thankful for is making it easier to endure this trial.
This Thanksgiving was nice because we were able to spend it with both of our families. Craig's parents were out of town, but we went to Mark and Sabra's house to have dinner with Sabra's family. It's so nice to spend time with all of them, even though technically we aren't part of her extended family. We wish Sherry and Janette and their families lived nearby so that we could see them too! Afterwards, we went to my parent's house to have dessert and play games with my family. They are all so busy most of the time that it's hard for all of us to get together. I really look forward to the holidays so that I can see my brother and sisters. We played Guitar Hero World Tour and Scattergories and browsed all the Black Friday ads, and ate Pumpkin and Lemon Merangue Pie. It was a great day.
Wednesday, December 2
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








2 comments:
OK so you guys get amazing pictures. I really should have had you get one of me and Mark oh well, next time. Love reading your blog.
Sorry to here about Platinum, I'll keep my eyes and ears open for you guys, hang in there in the meanwhile! Also, Stretch should browse jobs.utah.gov he might be able to find something worthwhile on there. We also need to get together sometime, it's been awhile!
Post a Comment