Thursday, July 2
Memorial Day 2009
This Memorial Day was very cool and I think the girls are going to remember it for the rest of their lives. Craig taught them about the meaning of the holiday and had them draw pictures for some soldiers. We went over to the cemetary by our house to see if we would run into some and we got very lucky...there were two soldiers visiting the headstone of one of our neighbors who was killed in the war a couple of years ago. The girls were able to thank them for their service and give them the pictures/thank you notes they had made. I am so thankful to have a husband who is so patriotic and respectful of our military. He is such a good example to me and the girls.
After our visit to the cemetary we headed to a little pond in Alpine for a picnic. The girls brought their bikes and baseball mitts and the girls and I took a walk around the pond. We all had a blast playing together. It was a really nice family day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment