Saturday, September 20

The Dunes

Here are some pictures of our recent trip to the sand dunes. We had a blast watching "Night at the Museum" outdoors, sleeping under the stars, and riding 4-wheelers for the first time! The girls and I had never been 4-wheeling. We'll try just about anything and Craig is always more that willing to introduce us to a new thrill! Craig and I woke up around 4 AM and got to watch a meteor shower. It was pitch dark up there, out in the middle of nowhere, and I saw more stars in the sky than I've ever seen in my life. We were up for a couple of hours watching the stars fall, and we actually watched the big dipper move around the horizon. Kylee woke up for a little while and saw a few, but I guess it wasn't as interesting to her as it was to us because she quickly fell back asleep. It was an amazing experience and I'm glad I got to share it with the people I love. Kylee is our little dare devil. She begged to ride over and over, and wanted to go FAST! She can't wait to go again.

Hayley, on the other hand, is much more reserved and calm. She had a fun little ride, and that was enough for her for the day. She hung out on the sidelines with me all morning.
Craig had a blast going it alone - he was able to catch a little air on some of those jumps, and climbed sand mountain a couple of times. It was fun watching him have such a good time. He had a wedding to DJ that night though, so we had to cut the trip a bit short. We can't wait to go again next year!

No comments: