The day after our wedding, Craig and I went camping up above Tibble Fork Reservoir in AF canyon. We had a great time eating leftover wedding cake in our tent and narrowly escaping a bear attack...or wait, was that just someone snoring? :D
The next day we went floating down the Provo River on giant inner tubes with some of our best friends (sorry, no pictures). Who knew scraping your bum on river rocks could be so exciting?
On Monday, Janette and Hope were leaving town, so the whole family met at the mall for lunch and some last-minute souvenir shopping. We were so glad that they were able to make it to our wedding! Here we all are in the food court: Janette, Dad, Mom, Hope, Mark, Triston, Sabra, Craig, me, Hayley, Kylee, and Talitha.
The next weekend (July 25-27), we took the girls with us and went camping at Starvation Reservoir with some of Craig's friends from work. We spent most of our time at the beach swimming and riding sea doos.
Most recently (August 14-16) we took a trip up to Bear Lake for a family reunion with my mom's side of the family. Can you believe this view? This picture was taken just outside our cabin.

We spent as much time at the beach as possible...

We spent as much time at the beach as possible...
Played Rock Band....

...went into town for some of those famous raspberry shakes, and went golfing. It was so nice to introduce Craig to everyone and reconnect with family that I haven't seen in years. Almost all of my cousins from that side of the family were there. Seeing my girls playing with their kids brought back sweet memories of my cousins and I playing together when we were young. We all marvelled at the fact that we're not "the kids" any more and we just couldn't believe how quickly the years have passed. It was a good reminder never to take the here and now for granted, otherwise your entire lifetime can pass in the blink of an eye. I'm grateful that I have these moments with my family so that I never forget what's most important in life. I love them all so much!

...went into town for some of those famous raspberry shakes, and went golfing. It was so nice to introduce Craig to everyone and reconnect with family that I haven't seen in years. Almost all of my cousins from that side of the family were there. Seeing my girls playing with their kids brought back sweet memories of my cousins and I playing together when we were young. We all marvelled at the fact that we're not "the kids" any more and we just couldn't believe how quickly the years have passed. It was a good reminder never to take the here and now for granted, otherwise your entire lifetime can pass in the blink of an eye. I'm grateful that I have these moments with my family so that I never forget what's most important in life. I love them all so much!





1 comment:
It is nice to see ya'll having a fun and busy life. Hope and I had a great time maybe one day ya'll can come this way. We Love your family very much and again I'm so glad that you two found each other. I wish you every happiness that two people can have. Love Janette
Post a Comment