So anyway, here's what we've been up to the last few weeks...

Craig TOTALLY surprised me with the most wonderful proposal! I found my ring on the internet, and we had to order it from Hong Kong. It said on the website that if the ring was not in stock, it could take up to 3 weeks for it to even ship, and then who knows how long it takes to ship something around the world. We were so worried that it wouldn't even get here in time for the wedding - well, he wasn’t worried (he knew it was on its way), but I didn’t know that, and he coyly played along. We went up to have bridals taken up Hobble Creek Canyon on Friday, June 20th. When we got there, Andrew (our photographer) wanted to get some warm-up shots. He posed Craig in a couple of places, then when he was happy with the location, had me join him. He suggested that we "re-enact" the proposal and fed me this story about how he keeps a ring box in his camera bag because a lot of couples like to do this so they can have pictures of the event. I like to give Craig a hard time about planning a wedding and not even being engaged, so I replied, "There hasn't been a proposal." They rolled their eyes at me because they knew what was coming, and I was completely oblivious! Once Andrew had us at the right angle, he tossed Craig a small white box. As it flew through the air toward us, I caught a glimpse of a word written in silver across the top. It was the same brand as my ring. A million thoughts crossed my mind as I tried to comprehend what was going on. I looked down at Craig and saw him kneeling in front of me holding the box open, the most beautiful ring propped up inside, glittering in the sunshine. He was already crying when my eyes teared up, and I could barely make out his words. He claims he asked me to marry him, but all I heard was my name. I was so shocked at first that I didn't even answer him, I just hugged him, laughing and crying at the same time.

I finally said, "Of course," and he put the ring on my finger. I was completely in shock, I just couldn't believe that they had all tricked me! Craig, his mom, Andrew, my sister, even the girls knew and I had no idea! It was such a fun surprise. I'm so glad we have pictures.



There are literally hundreds of pictures that I would love to post, but I'm going to let Craig sift through them and choose a few favorites to post. In the meantime, visit http://www.pictage.com/489321 to view our pictures - event key is Stretch. Enjoy!



2 comments:
That was so cute! I can't wait to see you guys tonight! Congrats!
Congratulations Craig & Annie! Your "how we met" story is similar to mine, I'll have to send you an email and tell you guys about it! I wish I could have come up for the wedding, and I wish I could have connected with Janette & Hope... better luck to us all another time. If you guys are ever down this way (St. George) let me know, we'll have to meet up, or you can stop by the house. I'll do the same if I head up your way. Congratulations on the wedding, from your blog and from talking to Janette on the phone, it sounds like you guys are all doing great! Do you still have my email address?
-Chad H.
Post a Comment