Wednesday, October 21

The Test

As most of you know, I am a worry wart. I stress over things that don't really matter, and I tend to make mountains out of molehills. Craig is constantly trying to calm me down and help me with things so that I don't get unneccesarily overwhelmed. He is such a blessing to me, I honestly don't know how I would cope without him. Anyway, lately I have been struggling with a lot of things and feeling very lost and alone. I have been trying to cope as best as I can and searching for ways to overcome this trial. I was reading a friend's blog and she related how she recently overcame a hard time in her life. It was inspiring. She reminded me that we don't get to choose our trials, but we do get to choose what we take away from them. The Lord will only give us as much as we can handle. He does it because He loves us. He obviously wants me to learn from this, and I know now that I need to look at the positive side of things and be receptive to emotional and spiritual growth. Down the road I will look back at this time and probably not even remember how hard it was. But hopefully I will take something away from this experience that will help me later on in my life, or will help someone else just as my friend helped me. Now that I have gotten rid of the bad feelings, I'm able to see how much good there is in my life. I am so blessed to have three beautiful, healthy children and a wonderful, loving husband who would do anything for me. I honestly don't know why I would ever want for anything more.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

I am so glad that we have friends and loved ones to help us out when we need it. I have never found that quote about the Lord sending friends and neighbors as some of our angels when we need them more relevant than I have these past few months.

If you find the time you should try reading "All These Things Shall Give Thee Experience," by Neal A. Maxwell. It is a fantastic read (though he is a wordsmith) and it taught me a ton.

It is also good to know that I am not the only one that the band geek lives on in!! I am thinking about you and praying for you!!

Heber and his "Deli" aka: Adele said...

You have such beautiful kids Annie. I have enjoyed surfing your blog for a minute and looking at their cute little faces.

Traci said...

Hey! Thanks for posting this. Always a good reminder, and something I need to work on. If you ever need ANYTHING you know where I am! And by the way, we totally need a girls scrap night. In a few weeks when I finally find my table.....

Sabra said...

Ummm, because you just had a baby and your hormones are all out of whack. And the worrying goes right along with it. I have it 99% of the time too. We have to replace our fear with faith and move forward and be believing. Love you girl!!!