Thursday, November 6

My Grown-Up Christmas List

The holiday season is upon us! This is my favorite time of year - I love the smells, the sounds, the shopping, and the spirit that you can just feel in the air. It's contagious. I love watching those old Christmas specials on TV such as Charlie Brown, Frosty the Snowman, and of course the claymation version of Rudolph. It makes me feel like a kid again. I love doing my Christmas shopping on Black Friday - yes, I am crazy enough to get up at 5 AM and fight the crowds to find the best deals! Throughout the year, I keep track of things that people tell me they want or ideas I've come up with on my own, so finding the perfect gift for everyone on my list is never a problem for me. There is always something so magical about the holidays, but this year is especially wonderful for me. Although this is my favorite time of the year, I don't remember the last time I had a good Christmas. It is always such a blessing to spend time with family during the holidays, and I've been lucky enough to have my girls with me every Christmas, but the last 5 plus years have been extremely hard for the three of us. This year will be so different because we added Craig to our little family! I love my sweet husband so much and I am so excited to have someone to share the holidays and create new traditions with. So, here is my wish list for this year...my grown-up Christmas list.
  1. To be able to remember the reason for the season all year long.
  2. To remember how fortunate I am to have a family I love and that loves me back.
  3. For everyone I love to have a life as blessed as mine.
  4. A Trikke ;)

Craig and I have decided that with his bonus this year, we are going to get Trikkes -these new-fangled scooter type things - for all four of us for Christmas! We tried them out at the mall and they are so much fun. It's something we can all do together and get in shape at the same time. Most people we've talked to have never heard of them, so you can check them out here: http://www.trikke.com/whats.trikke.php

Anyway, in case you can't tell, I am bouncing-off-the-walls-excited that Christmas is coming up - I even dug the decorations out of the garage last night! We are always looking for new ways to spend time together as a family, so if any of you have fun and festive traditions that you are willing to share, we would love to hear about them! I want to create memories with my children and husband that will last our entire lifetime.

Happy Holidays everyone! We love you all!

2 comments:

CtephFrid said...

One of our traditions is to get up early on black Friday, go have pancakse at I-hop or Cracker Barrell. Go to the mall, watch a movie and get pics with Santa...go home and decorate - oh wait didn't you celebrate such a tradition with me way back when....????

Now with Icelandic traditions added alot of my traditions changed...and soon we will be adding Ghanaian.

But despite that, every night for 25 days before Christmas we sit down and read an advent Christmas story to remind us of the reason we celebrate!

This year I think it will be even more special. We are waiting for our son/s to come just like mankind waited for The Son to come!

Happy Holidays!!!!

Traci said...

You guys are so cute. Annie, I hope I didn't embarrass you on Thursday. I was quiet serious though, you are still glowing. I've known you for a long time, and I don't ever remember you being as happy as you are now. It seems it was worth the wait. :)